CITY OF BONES : I don't care if it's being touted as the better version of Twilight. The soundtrack is amazing...

by - 05 September

And it's making me sad and want to just lie down whilst staring blankly into space to contemplate how much this song is hitting me to the very embers of my core.

God, can I get more melodramatic than this?

Yes. Yes I can. So here's the song for you all. #allthefeelsintheworld



The lyrics, the melody, the harmony of voices and the fact that they decided that this song be sung by both a female and male is a smart move.

That aside, Ariana Grande is, for lack of better adjectives, the absolute bomb. Gorgeous and talented and gorgeous, did I say that already?

Her whole "look", in my opinion is in complete contrast to the sultriness of her voice. Ever since "The Way ft. Mac Miller" she has been on repeat on my playlist.



Very reminiscent of Mariah Carey when she sings those high notes, she still has something unique to her. Since I can't elaborate on what that "thing" is, let's say a certain "Je ne sais qois" like most people would say when asked to describe something they can't really describe. Not because, they lack the vocabulary, oh no. (Lies)

These two songs are for me the "what if" and "what happened" in the love spectrum. After playing The Way on repeat for a bajillion (Pretty sure that's an actual word) times, what takes its place is Almost is Never Enough ft. Nathan Sykes (Who is Zac-Efron-Hairspray-Movie-pretty-boy-type of handsome) from The Wanted, whom I think is underrated in terms of actual singing prowess, because they each have an amazing set of pipes.

There's actually one more song on loop, very much on the same somber love note I'm currently getting sucked in to, but I'll leave it for another post lest my feels completely get hold of my sanity.

What songs are on loop in your playlist lately?

PS. I don't know if I'll watch the City of Bones, but it does look interesting.

You May Also Like

20 Comments

  1. oh wow she sounds awesome and so gorgeous! it's such a shame mediocre pop stars like miley get all the attention nowadays. Thanks for sharing! I plan to watch city of bones but maybe through torrent lang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song too.. Btw, I find selena and ariana a bit look a like :) LOL. and justin bieber has a pic with ariana.. prang same taste sya sa girl.. #chika lang:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariana Is such an amazing singer, and she looks really pretty too! :) I really hope she gets more fans because she deserves it.

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    BLOGGER GFC | BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ariana Grande too! <3 She's so pretty and her voice is cold, soothing. She's a total package. I'm going to download her songs to my ipod. Thanks for this as I remember doing it, I don't have any song from her yet on my music list. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! im so happy i found someone i can share my love for arianna grandes new songs! ^^ she is really talented. i actually like a lot of songs released from
    her new album. my current fave thats on a loop on my itunes is almost :)
    i also thought she reminds me of mariah carey when mariah was still a new singer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly like Miley and most of her songs. Her voice is just amazing. Even the songs she has out right now are in my opinion quite catchy, even great. But the whole "New Miley" thing she's doing right now is screaming "I want to break out from my Disney image soooo bad" it's so blatantly pathetic it's coming across as sad. I'm guessing she wants the Britney route when Britney was trying, also, to break out from her Disney image, but she did it convincingly that most people just accepted it since it came across as natural....Oh Miley. She really needs a hug. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! They do look somewhat similar! Hahhaha naaawa na ko kay Justin Beiber, dati baliw na baliw ako sa kanya like, omg you don't even know :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is isn't she! Such a babe!!! Go for her new album! Super nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAAAAAAAYYYYYY! We can now officially form a fan club :)) Exactly! She does give of that young Mariah Carey vibe doesn't she? I don't mind in the least. Even if some girls start out in the mainstream music industry with the "cute image" concept, I can't help but think she's just sooo fresh and it's so her.


    On another note, again, my love for Taylor Swift, or rather the "Red" album Taylor is dead. I do like some of her songs but what she's acting as right now and her somewhat juvenile lyrics are such a stark contrast to her Back to December-Enchanted days. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i take back what I said hahaha i saw wrecking ball and the song is just awesome hahaha! she ddnt need to do all the sexy stuff but i think it was a marketing tactic and it worked. Her body makes me "almost" want to work out :))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good isn't it?!!? It's so emotional! Agree, she didn't have to the the whole naked, licking everything, possibly having sex with the wrecking ball?? thing. But it did get a lot of press! :))


    Hahaha. Almost is never enough? :))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha! :D i agree with you. her image isn't something you usually see these days also her songs for some reason they sound really refreshing and laid back :D im also feeling some off vibe from taylor swift bec of how shes been acting lately. did you see her at the VMA?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG don't get me started. I felt like at first, she was a little mature for her age. Now she acts like a 16 year old. So off putting talaga :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen it myself, but I loved the song they used on the trailer here. It was from the Ink soundtrack. It's only instrumental, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQXigiVjiMQ Intense stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep reading the youtube comments for the trailer and everyone's pretty much saying it's one of the best low-budget films ever. (INK) Might just watch it :) Thanks for commenting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ariana Grande is a talent, indeed. I actually like her voice. Soothing! And yeah, medyo may pagka-Mariah!


    I have no idea what City of Bones is - am I that old?! Gosh. Looking it up now on Google. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude nalaman ko lang na book series and City of Bones because I was surfing Youtube for movie trailers (story of my life) :)) I'm not really into these anymore, or actually I never was but I got interested because of the music & Lily Collins, love her face. Gah. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts or URLS to your page!